DEALING OF BEST WATER PUMPS FOR CARS BY LMC
Do you know about water pumps used in cars? If not then this blog is for you and If you know about it then do read it once. The working of water pump is done as it pushes coolant from the radiator through the system into the engine and back to the radiator. The heat that coolant picks from the engine is transferred back to the air. Your vehicle can run without the water pump but it is not good to work without the pump. Some people who drive racing cars purposely remove their car’s water pumps to increase the horsepower to their engine but if you are using your vehicle on a daily purpose then it is important to have a water pump in your vehicle. The lifespan of a water pump lasts up to 60,000 to 90,000 miles but if it crosses that limit then it is very important to change it as soon as possible otherwise it will cause great trouble to your vehicle. A water pump is a component used in an automobile or vehicle. It works as a coolant so that it can provide cool to the engine so that the engine does not overheat.
Different types of Water Pumps
- Electric Water Pump: The working of this water pump is done as it passes coolant to the engine and absorbs its heat. The hot coolant then goes to the radiator and there it cools down and then again it moves back to its position.
- Inorganic Addictive technology: It is usually green in color and used in old cars whose cooling system is made up of cast iron, brass, and rubber parts. This coolant needs to be changed after every 2 years or after 24,000 miles.
- Organic Acid Technology: It comes in green, orange, yellow, red and purple. It is mainly used in vehicles manufactured by General Motors. It needs to be changed after 5 years or 50,000 miles.
- Hybrid Organic Acid Technology: It comes in yellow and orange color. It should be changed after 50,000 or 5 years. But some vehicles' strength is better so they can work upto 150,000 or 10 years.
Few issues raised in car water pumps
- If you hear a grinding type voice from the water pump in the vehicle, then the cause of that voice is worn out bearings. For this reason, you should need to call the mechanic, he will let you know that you need to change the bearings only or the whole water pump of the car. A Loose bearing can also cause the belts to lose their grip and fall off.
- Leakage of water from coolant pumps is also a major cause for the failure of this.
- During winters the temperature is cold and at this time the cooling system can be freezed with its wearing parts. To avoid this you can cause a good quality antifreeze in the coolant system to keep the life of the water pump healthy.
- You have also seen some fumes coming out as soon as you open the bonnet of the car, it indicates that the engine is extremely overheated and it needs time to cool down otherwise you should consult a mechanic immediately.
The seven must components a water pump has:
- Hub or Pulley
- Mounting Gasket
The three main conditions which can lead the engine to leakage or failure
- Overheating of engine
- Coolant condition
- Mechanical condition
Few Symptoms by which we will get to know that the water pump is failed
- Loss of coolant
- Unusual rattling noises
- Engine temperature increases to abnormally high
- If the fan or pulley rocks back and forth direction then it can lead to the failure of the water pump
- Excessive liquid seeping from the weep hole can indicate to failed water pump
- Engine coolant seeping out of bottom of timing belt cover
A water pump generally lasts 90,000 miles or more if it is kept properly, cleaned on time, proper maintenance is done but if all these points are not kept in mind then the water pump won't last for a longer time.
The three main types of water pump
- Centrifugal pump
- Positive Displacement pump
- Axial-flow pump
The five major parts of water pump
Few things to keep in mind while choosing the pump for your vehicle
- The desired flow rate
- Characteristics of the fluid
- The suction lift
- The total pressure against it must operate
Which pump is better: AC or DC?
AC is considered to be more powerful and better than DC as it generates higher torque with a high power of the current. DC motors are in better use of their input energy. AC is not considered as the safer power than DC as it frequency is high as well as high RMS value can be very harmful.